Tuesday 26 April 2011

How things can change so fast it just a year!

I was reading through some old emails and I think it is amazing how much things can change in life within just one year! For example, this is an email that I sent to my friend on March 13th 2008! Exactly one year later in 2009 I was pregnant and very ill with chicken pox.


The winds were really bad around here yesterday. Don't know what it
was like for you.

Tesco (and they've been told before about this) leave these great big massive silver trolleys outside piled up with all kinds of crap and they don't tie them up or secure them. You might have seen these types of trolleys before - you normally find them in supermarkets piled with boxes full of stuff being pulled along by the staff to fill shelves up? 
Well, one of Tesco's big, massive,  extremely heavy, piled to the brim with crap silver trolleys was absolutely flying down the middle of the employee car park all on its own, not being pulled by anyone. It was the wind that was pushing it! So that gives you an indication of how strong the wind was here! And like I said this trolley was flying down the car park. Must have been doing about 20 mph? Maybe more? And of course I was leaving  my car then to go to work and I spotted it and I thought "No way am I just gonna stand there and watch it smash into someone's car" coz I'll tell you
something, that thing could have caused a hell of a lot of damage to
some poor bugger's car. 


So (shoulder bag and all) I stood in front of the trolley's path and I striked a Fantastic 4 pose (honest to God, I swear on my life). Then I thought "Im gonna get run over,
Im gonna get really hurt here" but I stood my ground. It was
me verses the trolley. And just as the trolley reached me I swung to
one side and grabbed hold of it and I refused to let go even though it dragged
me with it down the park. I battled with it against the wind and managed to
start dragging it back toward the book shop.

Man, I honestly felt like a hero yesterday. I saved someone's car from being trashed!

Then I went into work and I sat in the staff room and mucked around with my Happy Meal
toy, when Tara came into the staff room and said "Jen, Albert wants you, one of Tesco's trolley's have smacked into the back of your car!" and I thought she was joking at first so I followed her outside and Albert was by my car pulling another trolley off my car!
It was like the wind was getting me back for spoiling its fun. Of all the cars that
trolley could have hit, it hit mine! If dad found out about that he'd go apeshit!
And my mum would hit the roof. 
No, actually my mum would go through the roof, hit the moon, create a crater
like nothing you've ever seen before and knock the moon off its gravitational pull!
Hence the reason why I am NEVER EVER going to tell them!

Anyway, the security guards have got the whole incident on CCTV, which
means they'll have my Fantastic 4 hero stunt on CCTV too which would
be hilarious to watch! But they've bollocked Tesco. The manager of Tesco actually
came down to see the trolley and my car and do you know what, he
never even got out of his car. He just sat in there and watched.
Considering it's one of the trolleys from his store you'd think he'd
have the decency to get out and take a look and even apologise to me!
Did you know that the Tesco chains in China kill turtles and sell them for food. And
when I say kill I mean they chop off the turtle's head and crush it while it is
still ALIVE!!! They even offer to kill the turtle for the customer in
store or sell the turtle alive so the customer can kill the turtle in the
comfort of their own home. And when you think that turtles are one of the
world's oldest creatures dating back to the dinosaurs and they are one of
the world's endangered species, you'd think Tesco in addition to all
their "save the planet, use less bags" shit that they'd show some concern for animals too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment