Tuesday 26 April 2011

Book Review: The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot



Amelia Mignonette Grimaldi Thermopolis Renaldo, Princess of Genovia.

Just that name alone made me open the book.

Mia is the ultimate
typical teenager. She is totally likable and relatable. I shared her high and
lows and I can completely understand what she is going through. Well, except the
princess thing because I am not a princess. Although I personally wouldn't have
a problem with the tiara.

One minute Mia is an average teenager living
in Manhatten trying to cope with the fact that her mother has started dating her
algebra teacher, and the next she is the heir to the throne of Genovia.
To
matters worse Mia's strict Grandmere, whom she loathes, arrives intent on giving
her princess lessons.
Mia's only hope is that the whole nightmare stays
secret.

'The Princess Diaries' makes me want to be a princess, who
wouldn't! Well, Mia wouldn't obviously.

The book is quite simply a right
royal laugh and I couldn't put it down. The whole series is totally original and
wonderfully written.

Thank God Meg Cabot became an author!

No comments:

Post a Comment