Tuesday 26 April 2011

Book Review: Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

Grace was attacked by a pack of wolves when she was younger. She survived
because one wolf with brilliant yellow eyes protected her. Since then Grace
looks for her wolf every winter when the wolves return. Then one day a boy
appears on her porch and he is seriously injured. And Grace knows he is her
wolf. He has the same yellow eyes.

SHIVER is a werewolf novel without
the blood and gore. It is romantic and beautiful with lovely imagery.

I found myself hooked on Grace and Sam's blossoming relationship and I really
loved Sam's struggle against the wolf inside him. I loved the idea that instead
of people changing into wolves accoring to a moon cycle,they change into wolves
according to cold temperatures.This concept is totally original and I really
liked it.

I know you shouldn't judge a book by its cover but, honestly, the cover of this book is gorgeous!

Maggie Stiefvater has written a beautiful book and cleverly added a twist to the old werewolf tale.

After reading 'Shiver' I immediately bought the sequel, 'Linger' and I preordered the
third book,'Forever'.

'Linger' continues where 'Shiver' left off and the story as a whole just gets better and better with more and more incredible
twists! I can't wait for the third book to come out!

No comments:

Post a Comment