Tuesday 26 April 2011

Book Review: Finding Sky by Joss Stirling

I bought this book after reading a sample book of the first four chapters which
I got free in a magazine. By the time I finished the sample book I had to go
straight out and buy the actual book. The magazine was left on the side,
forgotten.

This is a paranormal romance for young adults but you will
find no werewolves, vampires, faeries or angels here. What you discover are
savants! Joss Stirling, aka Julia Golding, has written something totally unique
and original for the paranormal genre.

The story is about a British girl called Sky Bright who moves to Colorado. Her past is a totally intriguing mystery as she was adopted and she does not remember her previous life. Sky
feels completely out of her comfort zone being in a new country and starting a
new school but she soon settles in. Then she meets Zed Benedict! Zed is
peculiar, mysterious, moody and he has a real bad boy image and a reputation.
Sky and Zed are destined to be soulmates or 'soulfinders', but you will not find
them falling head over heels in love! The romance is not mushy or soppy or
totally over the top and it is not over written.

Joss Stirling has written Finding Sky brilliantly. I love the British slang mixed with American
and there the book is emotional and psychological and full of suspense, tension
and mystery. I loved the twists and turns in this book and at times I found
myself biting my nails and sitting on the edge of my seat.

I am looking forward to the sequel, Stealing Phoenix, whcih I already have on preorder!

No comments:

Post a Comment