Tuesday 26 April 2011

Book Review: Lament by Maggie Steifvater

I bought this book purely because it is written by Maggie Steifvater. I loved
'Shiver' and 'Linger' and I figured if they were anything to go by then 'Lament'
would be just as amazing.
'Lament' is a novel about love, faeries, good and evil and I just want to say right now for the record - it's awesome!
It is about a sixteen year old girl Cello player called Dee who starts
to notice extraordinary things happening. Then she meets a boy called Luke, who
wants to kill her, and yet she is still attracted to him. She discovers that the
extraordinary things that are happening all around her are occurring because she
is a Cloverhand, someone who can see faeries. Except the faeries in this novel
are not the traditional type of faeries. They are dangerous and deadly, some are
evil, and they are out for Dee's blood!
I could not put this book down I found it so gripping and it really had me engrossed!
Maggie Stiefvater has created and brilliant story of romance and mystery with a lot of suspense and
danger and the faeries are actually quite scary and malevolent! She has put a
really amazing and unique twist on the idea of faeries.
I loved this book and I have preordered the sequel, Ballad!

No comments:

Post a Comment