Tuesday 26 April 2011

Book Review: Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick



I bought a magazine at the corner shop and inside was a sample book called
'Hush, Hush' by Becca Fitzpatrick. The cover looked amazing and I immediately
cast the magazine aside and opened the book instead. After reading half way
through this sample book, which only consisted of about the first three or four
chapters, I rang my dad and vigourously begged him to go to the bookstore and
buy the book for me.

I was so hooked on this book I couldn't put it down,
I just had to keep wolfing down chapter after chapter and I was gutted when I
got to the end because I did'nt want it to finish.

'Hush, Hush' is a wonderfully captivating book with amazing imagery and characters that include
badass angels and kick-ass human girls. The pages practically come to life and I
felt as if I was actually there with the characters and part of the
book.

There is humour, intrigue, suspense, shocking twists, surprise,
danger, romance, a bad guy who is actually a good guy and a good girl who
actually finds the 'bad good guy' annoying but falls for him anyway. What more
could you want!

The story is mysterious, haunting, sexy, beautifully
written, thrillingly gripping and vigorously addictive!

Becca Fitzpatrick is an exceptional author with a huge amount of literary skill. One
minute she is able to crack jokes and the next minute she manages to have you on
the edge of your seat chewing your fingernails with suspense.

The plot is incredibly clever and unpredictable with shock after shock and few laughs
thrown in. Add to that the hot attraction between Nora and Patch and you are in
for a delicious treat.

The characters are vigorously awesome. Nora has got her head on her shoulders, she is willful and intelligent but you can still relate to her. Patch is a mystery, totally fascinating and infuriatingly
addictive. I also liked the fact that Becca Fitzpatrick didn't go into a
huge amount of detail on the character's descriptions which allowed me to
imagine my very own Patch and I substituted Nora for myself *cheeky
wink*!

Sadly, a lot of people seem to compare this book with 'Twilight'.
This book is not like 'Twilight'. 'Twilight' is about vampires and werewolves.
'Hush, Hush' is about Angels. It is totally unfair to compare the two books.
This is a paranormal romance in its own right and shouldn't be compared to any
other paranormal romances.

Anyway, I think I have an Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I can't stop buying paranormal books. Either that or I have a vigorous addiction. These paranormal books should come with a warning: WILL CAUSE SERIAL READING!

Right, I am off to buy the second book by Becca Fitzpatrick - 'Crescendo'... so that I can drool over Patch. Hee!

No comments:

Post a Comment