Tuesday 26 April 2011

Book Review: Stay by C.C Jackson

Stay is a wonderful paranormal romance. It is fast paced and intriguing and
totally absorbing. I really felt like I was there inside the book. It is full of
suspense and danger and of course a little bit of romance.

The characters are brilliant, especially the protaganist, Callie. I loved the fact that she is
just a normal girl who is thrust into the world of the paranormal and she
struggles to accept who she really is: a faerie princess and her rightful place
is on the throne as the faerie Queen. I could totally connect with her struggle
to accept who she really is and cope with the massive changes that thrust
themselves upon her.

I really loved the fact that Callie had to learn how to fly! This book is unlike other paranormal faerie books that I have read where the faeries don't fly.

I particularly liked the reference to normal
everyday modern things like Callie's iPod, the song she was listening to and the
vampire novel she was reading. Not only does it give you a insight into who
Callie is and what she likes and what she is interested in but it also makes the
novel more applicable to today. Most people have an iPod and vampire novels are
all the rage at the moment.

I thought the title,'Stay', was very appropriate to the story! The book is essentially about whether Callie should accept who she is and what she is and stay and fight for her rightful place as
Queen.

Callie's confrontation with the faerie Queen was brilliant and the
romance in the book was passionate and intense. Brokk makes a fantastically
gorgeous, crush-worthy hunk. It's no wonder Callie is instantly attracted to
him, despite the fact that he kidnaps her. I liked the fact that Callie and
Brokk know each oher even though she cannot remember. I think this adds a lot of
history to the story.

Overall I found this book to be enchanting and simply lovely with some action and suspense in there too. Callie makes a fantastic heroine.I hope there will be a sequel and I can't wait for any
other books C.C. Jackson has in store for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment